|Shakugan no Shana Wiki Rules|
|Manual of Style|
|Wikia Global Policies|
Wikia Policy List
This page is all about the Shakugan no Shana Wiki.
Policies listed here are for usage in articles. Unless stated, they must be followed across the wiki, without exceptions.
Other important pages to note when editing articles:
Shakugan no Shana Wiki:Layout Guide - guide to layout and structure of articles.
As you know, most wikis have a manual of style which they follow in order to maintain clean and neatly organized articles. Shakugan no Shana Wiki has a style that it uses to keep pages looking in a similar fashion. Below are some of the guidelines that we use here for such purposes. Please take your time to read and follow the guidelines as closely as possible as you edit any and all pages.
- In-universe: Articles should be written as if the Shakugan no Shana world was the real world. For example, "episodes, chapters or novels" should not be referred to in a sentence. These articles include all character, location, and abilities articles. Basically, any article that has information that is based around the contents of the site is an in-universe article. Instead of mentioning Shakugan no Shana media in a sentence, the media can be used as a reference.
Pictures and Video
- Main article: Shakugan no Shana Wiki:Image Policy
For specific, detailed guidelines regarding the upload and use of images and videos for this wiki, please see the image policy.
The content of this wiki is expressed in English. This is an English language wiki and all edits are expected to be carried out in English (with exception to the Japanese content required via technique, powers or skill names determined by the content of the series). This includes articles, forum posts, blogs and talk pages. If a users second language is English and they are not apprised of correct grammar and sentence structure we can only ask that you have someone help you with the content you wish to provide here as editing will be extremely difficult if you can not properly understand or converse with others in the community. Such edits would likely end up undone as they cannot be understood.
The Trivia section is for actual relevant proven facts related to the article. Fan speculation and “what ifs/maybe” as well Junk Trivia type of information is not to be included in this section.
The talk page is for conversations on maintenance and article correctness only.
The quotes section is for relevant quotes that showcase the character's personality or personal feelings. Not for random words that anyone could have said in the same situation. Also while there is profanity in Shakugan no Shana, it is only necessary to use it in the quotes section in use with relevant quotes. Adding non-relevant quotes with random swear words and or just putting down random swear words that may have been said is not acceptable.
When dealing with the translation of terms on the site we deal in translation of only certain terms. Only Items and techniques are commonly listed in the native language that the series provides. While predominately Japanese some do exist in other languages. As far as character names and titles the western structure is all that should be used. Organizations can be either or with the most common and familiar usage being the accepted version.
- Romanization: When it comes to the format in which name is used the name that is romanized is used.
- Any and all information you may add to an article needs to have been either stated or shown and is required to be referenced. If it is not referenced, it may be removed.
- There is only one format to be used on the site, which a simple paragraph format. The formats of other styles including tiered or numbered styles are to complex and prone to disorder and are not supported here.
- Please refrain from adding ambiguous content to the articles.
Powers & Abilities
- The Powers & Abilities section has a format that may contain certain classifications where applicable, such as Flight and Master Tactician.
Fan Fiction & Fan Art
- Fan fiction is Not Permitted at all in any context. Though you may place any content in your personal user page as long as it's not offensive.
- Fan art is not permitted in any article page, however certain pictures may be added as long as they are not used in any article other than your own user page. No pornographic images may be added.
- All information from the Shakugan no Shana movie, video games and manga that conflicts with the main canon established by both the light novels (and supported by the anime) will be paced the Other Appearances sections of the pages, not in any other section. Information regarding Shakugan no Shana-tan and Friagne and Marianne no Naze Nani Shana! are to be in this heading on articles.
Vandalism & Language
- Removing referenced and proven content from the pages is considered vandalism.
- This is a encyclopedia of information on Shakugan no Shana; we use official and correct terms in explanation on appearance. vulgar and or slang terms are not the preferred forms to use.
- This wiki is not tolerant of inappropriate language in the wiki articles or forums or anywhere else on the wiki. Violators can and most likely will be quickly blocked.
- Do not speculate on the article pages. (Meaning if it is not stated or shown and cannot be properly referenced it is not a fact). Refer all speculation to the Watercooler.
This site operates off of what is said in the light novels and anime, if a death is said to have taken place or clearly shown to have taken place, then the character shall be listed as deceased.
- The primary source for references would be the light novels and anime. The secondary source is the manga. The manga is to be used as the source alongside the light novels and anime references to supplement them.
- To add a reference, cite the source of the information inside <ref></ref> tags, such as <ref>''[[Shakugan no Shana Episode 17]]''</ref>.
- Identical references should be combined. By combining identical references, it will help keep the pages clean and orderly. If you do not know how to do this, see Help:Cite.
Capitalization of words
In this wiki many words will appear in capitals letters. Do not change them.
A list of such words are:
- Flame Haze
- Treasure Tool names
- Unrestricted Spell names
- Character names
- Location names
Creating new pages
Any user may create a new page; please keep this manual in mind when doing so.
Any and all characters in Shakugan no Shana series, whether it is an anime, manga or video game only character, may have his/her own page, as long as they meet the following criteria.
- Must be involved in the story-line, meaning no background characters. In other words, if a character is only seen standing or sitting but does not interact or have any lines it is not worthy.
- May have only been referred but never featured. Any character who is mentioned by name and has an impact on the story line.
Groups and Organizations
Any group and/or organization may have its own page. When doing so, please provide the name of all known members.
Any location may have is own page as long there is some known information about it, and it is not a subsection of another location.
Chapters and Episodes
When writing a summary for a chapter or an episode, please maintain the same format that all the other episode pages and chapter pages have.
Moving Existing Pages
When renaming page X to Z, we need to track down all the links to X and change them to Z as well, in addition to all incidences of X being used in the articles which are not links. Due to this, and often questionable romanizations of character names, article pages may not be moved without discussing it on the relevant article's Talk Page first. Before a page move can be initiated, you must present the reasons for your belief behind the move on the article and obtain approval for it before moving the page. If you move an article page without discussing it first, your move will be undone and you will be warned not to do it again. If you persist on moving the article before an administrator approves or without discussing it beforehand, you will be blocked.